Spring Family Weekend and Maroon & Gold Gala
NOTE: Schedule is subject to change.
THURSDAY, APRIL 21, 2022
12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Parent-Teacher conferences* by Zoom or phone
3:00 to 6:00 p.m. Parent-CLA conferences* by Zoom or phone
7:00 p.m. Stand by Me, 1-act performance at Presser Arts Center, 900 South Jefferson Street, Mexico, MO
- Featuring Cadets Dallas Grantz, Reagan Ammon, Connor Moore and Kellan Mugisha. Supported by stagecraft and broadcast classes — Cadets Gage Blanton, Nathaniel Bowman, Elijah Asberry, John Latenser and Kevith Sangster.
- No charge to attend. Open to the public. Seating limited to 100. For tickets, please visit presserpac.com (password: MMABYME).
FRIDAY, APRIL 22, 2022
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Epple Art Show on display, Barnard Hall Atrium
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Quartermaster Store open, Stribling Hall
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Business offices open, Stribling Hall
8:05 a.m. to 11:40 a.m. Morning Classes, Barnard Hall
- A welcome table will be set up in Barnard Hall atrium, beginning at 7:30 a.m. Please check in here to pick up your parent-teacher conference schedule and your cadet’s current grade report.
Parents of cadets currently attending Hart Career Center (HCC) may visit HCC Friday morning to meet the teacher and see what the cadets are doing in class. After a brief visit, parents will need to leave HCC (they may not stay all morning). HCC is located at 905 N Wade St, Mexico, MO.
12 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. Cadets remain on campus for lunch, MMA Dining Hall. Parent lunch, on own (off campus). Check the MightyMexMO app for dining options.
Note: Cadets will be involved in music and review practices on Friday afternoon while parents participate in conferences.
12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Parent-Teacher conferences,* Barnard Hall
3:00 to 6:00 p.m. Parent-CLA conferences,* Company Offices (located in each barracks)
Parents’ dinner is on your own, off campus.
7:00 to 8:00 p.m. Festival of the Arts, Presser Arts Center, 900 South Jefferson Street, Mexico, MO
- Enjoy musical performances by MMA Band, Choir and Bag Pipes.
- The entire corps will be in attendance. Cadets may sit with their parents.
- No charge. Open to the public.
- Cadets will load MMA buses and return to campus at the conclusion of the performance. There will be no overnights authorized due to the responsibilities of the corps on Saturday morning.
SATURDAY, APRIL 23, 2022
7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Quartermaster Store open, Stribling Hall
8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Epple Art Show on display, Barnard Hall Atrium
8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Parent-Teacher conferences,* Barnard Hall
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Admissions Open House, Memorial Chapel
- Know a friend or family members whose son could benefit from MMA? Invite them to our Spring Family Weekend open house. Your referral might save you $2,000 on your own cadet’s tuition. Contact email@example.com for more information.
11:00 a.m. Military Review and Award Presentations, Alain M. Garcia Almada ‘06 Field House
- Corps will march to their barracks immediately following the military review and award presentations.
- Cadets may check out at that time, at approximately 12:15 p.m., with their CLAs (room and uniform must pass inspection before leaving).
- Overnights approved for cadets not attending Maroon & Gold Gala.
- Cadets attending the Maroon & Gold Gala must report back in uniform by 4:30 p.m.
1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Parent-CLA conferences,* Company Offices (located in each barracks)
5:30 p.m. Maroon & Gold Gala, Centennial Gymtorium
- 5:30 p.m. Doors open. Silent auction and cocktail reception with cash bar open. Budweiser beer garden available outside.
- 7:00 p.m. Dinner, followed by entertainment by cadet musicians.
- 9:00 p.m. Silent auction ends. Live auction and raffle drawings begin.
- Pre-registration required.
- Cadets participating in the Maroon & Gold Gala may check out with their families following the event (approximately 10 p.m.). Please check out with your CLA.
SUNDAY, APRIL 24, 2022
5 p.m. Cadets report back to CLAs in barracks' offices
Cadet Checkout Information
No checkouts will be permitted on Friday. Cadets are required to attend Friday’s review practice to prepare for Saturday and required to attend the Festival of the Arts on Friday evening. Cadets may sit with their parents at the Festival of the Arts. No overnights authorized on Friday evening.
On Saturday, cadets may check out after the military review and awards presentation at approximately 12:15 p.m. Please check out your cadet with his CLA. Those attending the Maroon & Gold Gala must report back to campus by 4:30 p.m. Saturday, then may check out again after the gala. Cadets not attending Maroon & Gold may check out from after the military review and awards presentation (approx. 12:15 p.m.). Saturday to 5 p.m. Sunday.
All cadets must be back on campus by 5 p.m. Sunday.
Please check in and out with your cadet’s CLA.
*Conference times must be scheduled in advance online. The online sign-up form will be made available two weeks prior to Spring Family Weekend. Cadets do not attend conferences.