Spring Family Weekend and Maroon & Gold Casino Night
NOTE: Schedule is subject to change.
THURSDAY, APRIL 20, 2023
12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Parent-Teacher conferences* by Zoom or phone.
3:00 to 6:00 p.m. Parent-CLA conferences* by Zoom or phone.
4:30 p.m. Tennis match (V/JV) at home vs. Father Tolton High School
5:00 p.m. Baseball game (V/JV) at Calvary Lutheran High School, 2525 State Hwy B, Jefferson City, MO 65101
- JV game will follow the varsity game and is expected to start around 7 p.m.
7:00 p.m. 1-act performance of "The Sandlot" at Presser Arts Center, 900 South Jefferson Street, Mexico, MO
- No charge to attend. Seating limited to 100. For tickets, please visit https://www.presserpac.com/
purchase-tickets (passcode: "mma" — all lowercase).
- Doors open at 6 p.m. Open to the public.
- Performance will be held in the Stribling Black Box Theatre.
FRIDAY, APRIL 21, 2023
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Epple Art Show on display, Barnard Hall Atrium
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Quartermaster Store open, Stribling Hall
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Business offices open, Stribling Hall
8:05 a.m. to 11:40 a.m. Morning Classes, Barnard Hall
- A welcome table will be set up in Barnard Hall atrium, beginning at 7:30 a.m. Please check in here to pick up your parent-teacher conference schedule and your cadet’s current grade report.
Parents of cadets currently attending Hart Career Center (HCC) may visit HCC Friday morning to meet the teacher and see what the cadets are doing in class. After a brief visit, parents will need to leave HCC (they may not stay all morning). HCC is located at 905 N Wade St, Mexico, MO.
11:45 a.m. to 12:25 p.m. Cadets remain on campus for lunch, MMA Dining Hall. Parent lunch, on own (off campus). Check the MightyMexMO app for dining options.
Note: Cadets will be involved in music and review practices on Friday afternoon while parents participate in conferences.
12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Parent-Teacher conferences,* Barnard Hall
3:00 to 6:00 p.m. Parent-CLA conferences,* Company Offices (located in each barracks)
Parents’ dinner is on your own, off campus.
5:00 p.m. Baseball game (V/JV) vs. Fayette, Brad Calvert Field (home)
- Junior and senior cadets will attend the game and may sit with their families. The cadets will leave the game in time to attend the Festival of the Arts.
7:00 to 8:00 p.m. Festival of the Arts, Presser Arts Center, 900 South Jefferson Street, Mexico, MO
- Enjoy musical performances by MMA Band, Choir and Bagpipes.
- The entire corps of cadets will be in attendance. Cadets may sit with their parents.
- No charge. Open to the public.
- Cadets will load MMA buses and return to campus at the conclusion of the performance. There will be no overnights authorized due to the responsibilities of the corps on Saturday morning.
SATURDAY, APRIL 22, 2023
7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Quartermaster Store open, Stribling Hall
8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Epple Art Show on display, Barnard Hall Atrium
8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Parent-Teacher conferences,* Barnard Hall. Sign up for conferences.
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Admissions Open House, Memorial Chapel
- Know a friend or family members whose son could benefit from MMA? Invite them to our Spring Family Weekend open house. Your referral might save you $2,000 on your own cadet’s tuition. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
11:00 a.m. Military Review and Award Presentations, Alain M. Garcia Almada ‘06 Field House
- Corps will march to their barracks immediately following the military review and award presentations.
- Cadets may check out following the review, at approximately 12:30 p.m. Authorized guardians must sign their cadets out with their CLAs (room and uniform must pass inspection before leaving).
- Overnights approved for cadets not attending Maroon & Gold Casino Night.
- Cadets attending the Maroon & Gold Casino Night or participating in the cadet video game tournament must report back in uniform by 4:30 p.m.
1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Parent-CLA conferences,* Company Offices (located in each barracks). Sign up for conferences.
6:00 p.m. Maroon & Gold Casino Night, Centennial Gymtorium
- Pre-registration required. Registration is now closed.
- Register for the online auction before you arrive and start bidding on items! Click here for instructions on how register for a bidder account. Click here to go to the MMA online auction site.
- 5:30 p.m. Doors open.
- 6:00 p.m. Casino play begins.
- Program starts at approximately 9:00 p.m. Online auction closes at approximately 9:15 p.m.
- Cadets attending Maroon & Gold may check out with their families following the event. Please check out with your CLA.
Cadets not attending the Maroon & Gold Casino Night on Saturday, April 21 may sign up to compete in the MMA video game tournament or choose to watch a movie in the theater in Memorial Chapel. Pizzas will be served to all, funded by donations from family members, faculty, staff, coaches, CLAs, alumni and friends of the Academy!
SUNDAY, APRIL 23, 2022
5 p.m. Cadets report back to CLAs in barracks' offices
Cadet Checkout Information
No checkouts will be permitted on Friday. Cadets are required to attend Friday’s review practice to prepare for Saturday and required to attend the Festival of the Arts on Friday evening. Cadets may sit with their parents at the Festival of the Arts. No overnights authorized on Friday evening.
On Saturday, cadets may check out after the review, at approximately 12:30 p.m. Authorized guardians must sign their cadets out with their CLAs (room and uniform must pass inspection before leaving). Those attending the Maroon & Gold Casino Night must report back to campus by 4:30 p.m. Saturday, then may check out again after the event. Cadets not attending Maroon & Gold may check out after the military review and awards presentation Saturday to 5 p.m. Sunday.
All cadets must be back on campus by 5 p.m. Sunday.
Please check in and out with your cadet’s CLA.
*Conference times must be scheduled in advance online. Deadline to sign up is Wednesday, April 19 at 12 p.m. Central.