Fall Family Weekend 2023
- Visitor parking is available on E. Promenade or at Centennial Gymtorium. Please do not park behind Barnard Hall or Bravo Barracks. Please see campus map.
- Please scroll down for information regarding checking your cadet out during Fall Family Weekend.
- On Friday, the Quartermaster (QM) Store will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the lower level of Stribling Hall. On Saturday, the QM Store will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Canteen.
- Please note the Business Office will be open on the first floor of Stribling Hall from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 20. The office will be closed on Saturday. If you need to meet with the Business Office, please plan to do so on Friday.
Thursday, October 19
12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday's conferences will be held via Zoom, phone or email only. Pre-registration required. Click here to register. Need help? See instructions for conference registration here.
Soccer Game, Battle High School, 7575 E St Charles Rd, Columbia, MO 65202
Varsity will play, followed by junior varsity. Parents may attend. Battle High School is an approximately 40 minutes drive from MMA.
Mexico Area Chamber of Commerce Commerce and Industry Dinner, Centennial Gymtorium
5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The Mexico Area Chamber of Commerce will honor Missouri Military Academy with the 2023 Commerce and Industry Award at the 38th annual Commerce and Industry Appreciation Dinner. The Mexico Chamber annually presents this award to recognize local organizations for their outstanding civic responsibility and generous contributions to advance the growth and welfare of Mexico, Missouri. MMA will host the dinner on campus, and we invite our MMA families to join us for this recognition if they can. Tickets are $40 per person and may be purchased by calling the chamber office at 573-581-2765 (deadline is Oct. 5).
Friday, October 20
A welcome table will be set up in Barnard Hall atrium, beginning at 7:30 a.m. Please check in here to pick up your parent-teacher conference schedule and your cadet’s current grade report.
The business office will be open from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Stribling Hall. The quartermaster (cadet store) will be open from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the lower level of Stribling Hall.
8:05 a.m. to 11:40 a.m.
Parents may attend class with their cadets. Teachers will have a copy of their lesson plan for visitors. If your cadet has a class at Hart Career Center (905 N Wade St, Mexico, MO 65265), you are invited to visit that class with your cadet and then return to MMA afterwards. Please note that Presser Performing Arts classes will be held in Memorial Chapel for parents to visit.
College Triumph Program Information Session, Barnard Hall Atrium
10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
LTC Scott Zimmerman from William Woods University will discuss MMA's College Triumph Program. Please attend to learn how your cadet can earn college credit while attending MMA.
11:40 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Parent lunch, on own (off campus). Cadets remain on campus for lunch, MMA Dining Hall. Check the MightyMexMO app for dining options.
Conferences with Company Leadership Advisors
2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
In-person (in barracks). Pre-registration required. Click here to register. Need help? See instructions for conference registration here.
Cross-Country Meet, Bowling Green High School, 700 W Adams St, Bowling Green, MO 63334
Parents may attend. Bowling Green High School is approximately one hour from MMA.
Please note: Cadets will not be authorized to depart campus with their families on Friday due to required preparations for Saturday morning corps events.
Saturday, October 21
Scroll down for important information regarding cadet check-out* on Saturday.
The quartermaster (cadet store) will be open from 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Canteen.
Middle School Cross-Country State Championship, Wheatland
Qualifying MMA middle school cross-country runners will compete. No new middle school cadets will attend due to the Passing Through Ceremony. The meet will take place at 18842 Speedway Dr., Wheatland, Missouri. Parents are invited to attend to cheer on our Colonels runners.
Passing Through Ceremony, Front Campus
Qualifying new cadets will officially join the corps and receive their MMA hat brass during the Passing Through Ceremony.
Review and Senior Ring Ceremony on Colonels Field
10:45 a.m. (will immediately follow Passing Through Ceremony)
Watch the entire corps participate in a military review on Colonels Field, followed by the Senior Ring Ceremony.
Fusileer Drill Team Demonstration, Colonels Field
12:00 p.m. (immediately after the Review and Senior Ring Ceremony)
Room and uniform inspections, barracks
12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Parents and family members are invited to check in with the senior CLA at your cadet's barracks to request a room and uniform inspection sheet. Visit your cadet's room to complete your inspection.
Cadets may check out with parents beginning at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. Overnight furlough is approved for cadets not attending the ring dance. Cadets attending the dance must report back by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. Those attending the dance may check out for overnight at the conclusion of the dance. Attendance at senior ring dinner is mandatory for senior cadets and optional for grades 7-11.
Cadet Lunch in dining hall, Barnard Hall
Optional. For cadets only.
Senior Ring Dinner and Ball,* Centennial Gymtorium
All cadets and their families are encouraged to attend. All senior cadets will attend at no charge (attendance mandatory). Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. Pre-registration required. MMA families, please click here to register. MMA employees (current and former), please click here to register.
*To attend the dance only (not dinner), there is no charge, and no pre-registration required. Cadets are allowed to bring dates. Attendance is optional for cadets in grades 7-11 — all cadets and their parents are encouraged to attend. The Grand March (optional for all guests) will begin at 8 p.m. to mark the beginning of the ball.
Sunday, October 22
All cadets required back on campus by 5 p.m.
*Regarding overnight furloughs, cadets must receive approval from the commandant department prior to departing campus for any reason — Please check your cadet out and in with his CLA (no furlough form is needed for Fall Family Weekend check-outs).
The following guidance is provided for your planning:
- Cadets will not be authorized to depart campus on Friday, 20 October due to required preparations for Saturday morning corps events.
- Cadets must remain on campus until 1 p.m. on Saturday, 21 October in order to participate in the Passing Through and the Senior Ring Review Ceremonies.
- All cadet seniors are required to attend the Senior Ring Dinner on the evening of 21 October. However, seniors may check out with their guardian/parent(s) starting at 1 p.m. Saturday and must return to campus no later than 5 p.m. Saturday in order to prepare and participate in the Senior Ring Dinner.
- Doors open for the Senior Ring Dinner at 5:30 p.m., 21 October in the MMA Centennial Gymtorium.
- 6:30 p.m. Dinner begins
- 8:00 p.m. Grand March begins followed by dance
- 10:00 p.m. Dance ends
- Designated underclassmen (waiters) must remain on campus on 21 October in order to help set up and support the Senior Ring Dinner. Please check with your cadet before making off campus plans to ensure he is not scheduled to support the Senior Ring Dinner.
Those cadets in good standing who are attending the dance may check out for overnight after the dance.
- Underclassmen not attending the Senior Ring Dinner may check out with their guardian or parent(s) from 1 p.m. Saturday, 21 October, through 5 p.m. Sunday, 22 October.
All cadets are required back on campus by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- All cadets must be in good standing before departing campus during Fall Family Weekend. Please check with his CLA if you are unsure of his standing.
- If you wish to check your cadet out, a parent or guardian must accompany their cadet to the barracks and check out with the designated Company Leadership Advisor.
- Cadets may only be checked out by their parent(s) or guardian(s).
If you have questions, please contact Executive Administrative Assistant to Commandant Kim Russell (email@example.com) at 573.581.1776.