Missouri Military Academy is focused upon providing the safest possible environment for our cadets, faculty and staff and supporting overall public health during the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. Please refer to this web page often for the latest updates.
Click here for the latest from the State of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. We are in regular contact with the Audrain County Health Department to stay informed regarding the latest developments.
Missouri Military Academy Protocols in Response to COVID-19
Missouri Military Academy (MMA) is currently maintaining a contained campus.
During this containment period ...
- There will be no general leave for cadets (approximately 20 cadets will remain on campus during the summer of 2020).
- Cadets will not attend church services off campus. Online streaming for services will be provided to cadets when available.
- Campus will be closed to visitors who are non-essential to business operations. Visits from prospective families are welcome. All approved guests will be asked to have their temperature checked upon arrival, following the same protocol in place for our faculty, staff and cadets who remain on campus for the summer.
- There will be no fast food deliveries to campus.
MMA will continue to review data concerning the pandemic and follow the guidance of the Audrain County Health Department and CDC.
Questions about the coronavirus/COVID-1?
Call 877-435-8411 — the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services' statewide public hotline.
Regarding prevention of COVID-19 at MMA
The precautions needed for prevention of COVID-19 are the same precautions already in place on the Missouri Military Academy campus for protection against influenza. During the spring 2020 academic semester, we increased these precautions to prevent and/or limit any exposure of the virus to cadets, faculty and staff, and we will maintain these high standards of sanitization and other precautions. For example,
- Disinfectant wipes are provided in the barracks offices for cadets to use regularly in cleaning their rooms, computers and phones. We will maintain ample supplies of these sanitation materials.
- We have added extra signage throughout the barracks, classrooms and restrooms regarding proper hygiene and room disinfecting.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Academy, including common areas and in the dining hall.
- Increased frequency of cleaning by our custodial staff for frequently touched surfaces, such as doors, bathrooms, handrails, desks, tables, etc.
The MMA campus is currently closed to visitors and vendors who are not essential to campus operations. Please call ahead if you have any questions regarding a visit to MMA.
All vendors to campus with essential business are directed to check in at Stribling Hall during normal business hours or to B Barracks after hours. If anyone has a temperature or symptoms of respiratory illness, he or she will not be allowed on campus.
The virus is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact — by inhaling or touching infected droplets — usually through a cough or sneeze — from an infected person.
Based on current information, the following symptoms may appear from 2 to 14 days after exposure: fever, cough and shortness of breath.
Cadets — If you experience any of these symptoms, please tell a company leadership advisors, faculty or staff member immediately for care and evaluation.
Faculty/Staff — If you experience any of these symptoms, please call your health provider for evaluation. Do not return to work until you have been cleared by your health provider and are fever-free for at least 72 hours.