Upcoming College Fair
Missouri Military Academy will host a college fair on Thursday, October 13 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Centennial Gymtorium. Cadets will have the opportunity to evaluate potential colleges side-by-side and develop the key tools necessary for choosing the “right” college.
At the fair, cadets can talk directly to college representatives and learn about opportunities available to them in the future. They might also learn about colleges or universities they have not heard of, which expands their understanding of the college experiences and the choices available to them.
MMA sophomores, juniors and seniors will attend the fair. If you wish to attend with your cadet, please click here to register online.
Colleges and universities planning to attend the MMA college fair include: Avila University, Marion Military Institute, Norwich University, Rockhurst University, University of Missouri-Columbia, University of Kansas, Washington University, Truman State University, Ranken Technical Institute, St. Charles Community College, William Woods University, and more. The United States Naval Academy, Coast Guard Academy, Army and Navy will also attend.
College Furlough Procedure
Throughout the year, seniors are encouraged to visit prospective colleges. Seniors are allowed five days of College Furlough for the purpose of visiting potential colleges and universities. Juniors are allowed three days in their second semester. These visits must be completed no later than Spring Furlough.
When seriously considering a college or university they want to attend, cadets should take the following steps.
- Contact the college or university to arrange a visit date. Most schools have a link on their web page which lists college visit dates and the process for scheduling a visit.
- Complete the MMA General Leave Form. This should be done as soon as possible, especially if transportation to or from an airport is needed.
- Once the form is completed, Director of College & Career Placement William Roundey receives an email alerting him of the planned visit. He will have that cadet come to his office to give him a College Furlough Form. This form needs to be signed by all of his teachers, coaches and various administrators.
- When all the required MMA signatures have been acquired, cadets will return the form to Roundey. Roundey will then give them a copy of the form, and they will need to take it with them on the college visit. The form needs to be signed by someone in the college admissions office verifying that the visit took place. Cadets are also asked to take a selfie on the college campus. These photos are posted on our bulletin board outside the College & Career Placement Office.
- Upon his return to MMA, he will need to return the College Furlough Form to Roundey.