Missouri Military Academy invites all cadets, their dates and their families to the 2023 “Neon Night” Valentine Ball on Saturday, Feb. 11 at Centennial Gymtorium from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Attendance at the ball is mandatory for all cadet officers and senior class officers (no charge for these cadets to attend). Miss Missouri Outstanding Teen pageant contenders will be special guests at the ball, escorted by selected MMA leaders.
The event is RSVP only, and tickets are $25/person, regardless of age. Please click here to register. Refreshments and appetizers will be provided by the MMA Parents Committee. Door prizes/drawings will be held throughout the evening at no additional cost. There will be several staged photo areas throughout the ball.
The schedule is as follows:
- 6:30 p.m. Doors open/Social
- 7 p.m. Grand March, followed by dance
- 8:30 p.m. Valentine Ball Queen Coronation, followed by more dance
- 9:30 p.m. Event concludes
The Grand March will officially open the dance at 7 p.m. At 8:30 p.m., the Valentine Ball Queen Coronation will take place. Cadet dates will be in the running for queen (pageant contenders will not be eligible). Cadets will vote for the 2023 Valentine Ball Queen.
Guests must follow the appropriate dress code for the Valentine Ball. Tuxedos for men and evening gowns for women are appropriate for military balls, but business suits and dinner dresses are also appropriate. Faculty will be in dress uniform, tuxedos, suits, formal gowns and dinner dresses. View photos of the 2022 Valentine Ball on Flickr.
There will not be a banquet meal this year — a change from previous years’ events. Cadets may leave campus with their parents for dining off-campus prior to the Valentine Ball (the Mighty MexMo app is a great resource to find local dining options), but must return by 5 p.m. to get ready for the ball. Cadets may check out beginning at 1 p.m. after room inspections on Saturday. They must check out with their company leadership advisors.
Have questions about the upcoming Valentine Ball? On Wednesday, Jan. 25 at 7 p.m. Central, Vice President for Institutional Advancement Rob Silbaugh and his staff will discuss the ball and the Maroon & Gold Gala and answer questions, plus share how you can support your cadets through the gala. Click here to register for the meeting and submit any questions.
Thank you to the following individuals for serving on the Valentine Ball committee:
- Cassandra Brooks, Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement
- Cadet Cage Blanton, Senior Class Member and Advancement Division Intern
- ISG Christopher Scarlet, Senior Class Lead Advisor
- Chad Miller, Senior Class Advisor
- Joshua Allison, Senior Class Advisor
- James Garrett, Senior Class Advisor
- Roger Siwak, Senior Class Advisor
- Cadet Kellan Mugisha, Senior Class President
- Cadet Gorka Yarte-Zertuche, Senior Class Vice President
- Cadet Anthony Melick, Senior Class Secretary
- Cadet Roy Kioko, Senior Class Treasurer
- Cadet Alexandre Snyder, Senior Class Representative
- Cadet Marco Afane, Senior Class Representative