On May 7, 2020, cadets attended the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Conference. The conference was held virtually, and awarded FBLA members across the state of Missouri for their performance on the online tests they took earlier this spring.
Competing against over 100 competitors in each event, MMA cadets won 6th place in Global Business and 7th in Management Decision Making. For their success, FBLA Advisor, Business Department Chair and Instructor MAJ Peggy Reynard presented the winning teams the District First Place Plaques for Global Business and Management Decision Making.
“The strength of the performance for both teams, I believe, made a huge difference in the results this year,” said Reynard. “I am very proud of their achievement.”
The following cadets were on the winning teams:
Global Business Team
- Zane Jewell, senior, from Bloomington, Illinois
- Hamish Lindsey, junior, from Prospect, Kentucky
- Prize Mpabuka, junior, from Kigali, Rwanda
Management Decision Making Team
- William English, senior, from Saint Louis, Missouri
- John Murphy, senior, from Independence, Missouri
- Bruno Pozzani, senior, from São Paulo, Brazil
Individual District First Place Plaques were awarded to:
- Nathaniel Balvanz, junior, from Mexico, Missouri for Economics
- Hamish Lindsey, junior, from Prospect, Kentucky for Securities and Investments
Maj. Reynard also awarded Cadet Pozzani, who was FBLA president for the 2019-20 academic year, the Missouri Military Academy Chapter FBLA President's Plaque.
After the conference, Reynard and cadets celebrated with Domino's pizza.