On December 3, 2019 – Giving Tuesday – MMA asked for the support of our alumni, friends, parents, faculty, and staff. We are proud to report that they stepped up to the call.
This year, our community raised $8,658 in immediate donations and $12,399 in additional pledges — for a total of $21,058 raised. That is more than 6 times the amount raised the previous Giving Tuesday!
This financial support will enable the Academy to meet MMA unfunded needs that support cadet life initiatives in our strategic plan. Initiatives like:
- scholarship support for deserving cadets who desire the life-changing education MMA provide
- athletic programs and facilities, such as baseball, soccer and equestrian programs
- the rifle team by upgrading the rifle range with more digital lanes, adding the first-ever MMA Marksmanship Course, and providing additional shooting equipment and expendable supplies for use in training
- comprehensive academic curriculums, particularly science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) programs, such as Project Lead the Way and robotics offered at the middle school level
- new bus and covering travel expenses for our band and JROTC teams to travel to regional and national competitions
MMA is proud to celebrate the strong support and commitment of our community, which helps us continue to provide an unparalleled transformative educational experience to cadets and advance our position as the Midwest’s preeminent college prep military boarding school.
Together, we make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of deserving young men and empower them to reach their full potential.
If you missed making your gift on Giving Tuesday, you can make a gift online here to support MMA cadets for today and tomorrow.