On Giving Tuesday — Dec. 1, 2020 – Missouri Military Academy alumni, friends, parents, faculty, and staff stepped up to show their support for the Academy and cadets. With a 43% increase in the number of donors compared to Giving Tuesday 2019, the MMA community contributed a total of $25,645 in immediate donations and annual pledges
The gifts included a 16% increase in immediate donations compared to last year — funds that will immediately support cadet academic, athletic and military programs, plus scholarships and other unfunded Academy needs.
The alumni donated $7,009 compared to 2019’s Giving Tuesday alumni donation of $4,554.
This Giving Tuesday financial contributions will support the Academy’s strategic plan priorities and advance MMA’s position as the Midwest’s preeminent college prep military boarding school. Among the top priorities that directly support our strategic plan and cadets:
- Academic programs: particularly science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM).
- Athletic programs and facilities: This year we are specifically focused on construction of our new baseball field, dugouts, and concession stand. We are also seeking support for lights for our soccer field.
- Cadet activities, including recreational equipment and our equestrian program.
- Military-related activities to include the Fusileers Drill Team, JROTC Raiders, and rifle team.
- Scholarship support for deserving cadets.
In addition to the Giving Tuesday support, current MMA families also recently donated to support cadet holiday activities — $2,960 for Halloween and $1,375 for Thanksgiving.
“Without the support and unwavering commitment of our MMA community, we would not be able to consistently deliver on our 360° Education that includes a full range of academic, athletic, military, and special programs, along with recreational activities,” said MMA President Brigadier General Richard V. Geraci, USA (Ret). “Thank you to all who gave to help make a positive difference in our cadets’ lives.”
If you missed making your gift on Giving Tuesday, please make a gift online here to support MMA cadets for today and tomorrow.