If you haven't already, please click the buttons below to submit your cadet's winter furlough and medication plan form. Forms are due no later than Monday, December 13. For more information about each form, see details below.
Please note: if you have more than one cadet at MMA, you will need to submit a new form for each cadet.
With questions regarding travel to the airport or pick up from campus, please contact Transportation Specialist Mark Tompkins at (573) 253-1443. You can also email him at mark.tompkins@
To coordinate alternate departure dates, please contact the Deputy Commandant Cadet Life Tom Roberts at 573-581-1776 ext. 436 or via email at thomas.roberts@
With questions regarding your cadet's furlough medication plans, please contact the MMA Ekern Health Center at 573.581.1775 ext. 641 or via email at clinic@
Information about Winter Furlough
When is winter furlough?
Winter furlough takes place Dec. 17 - Jan. 2, and it is a mandatory furlough, meaning campus will be closed during these periods and cadets must return home.
When can cadets sign out for pick-up from campus?
Cadets may sign out with their parents after final exams on Thursday, December 16, 2021.
When should I schedule my cadet's flight?
Going home: Transportation to the St. Louis airport will depart at 7:00 AM Friday, December 17, 2021. Buses will arrive at the airport at approximately 10:00 AM. Flights should be scheduled for departure after 12:00 noon and before 6:00 PM.
Returning to campus: Transportation from the St. Louis airport to MMA on Sunday, January 2, 2022 will depart at 3:00 and 5:00 PM. After that, cadets must use the MoExpress Shuttle from St. Louis to Kingdom City.
MMA chaperons will not arrive at the airport until 10 AM. If your cadet is under 15 years old or needs MMA chaperones to pick him up at his gate, please schedule flights to arrive after 10 AM and before 5 PM.
My cadet will fly as an unaccompanied minor and will need an MMA chaperone to take him to/pick him up at his gate. What steps do I need to take?
- Returning home, an MMA chaperone will take your cadet to his gate upon arrival at the airport.
- Returning to campus, MMA chaperons will not arrive at the airport until 10 AM. If your cadet is under 15 years old or needs an MMA chaperone, please schedule flights to arrive after 10 AM and before 5 PM.
- Notify the airport (or list within your purchased tickets) that Missouri Military Academy Faculty will pick up your child. Do not list a specific MMA employee or director, as chaperones will vary.
- Please note that an additional $100 will be assessed to your cadet's account for this.
What are acceptable travel arrangements?
- Getting picked up by a guardian or designated adult.
- Traveling home with another cadet if written permission has been provided to MMA by both cadets' families.
- Transport to St. Louis or a designated airport via MMA's chaperoned transportation.
- Travel to the St. Louis airport via MoExpress shuttle service.
What are unacceptable travel arrangements?
Cadets may NOT travel home or to the airport via Uber, Lyft, taxi, limousine, or any other private transportation service.
What is MoExpress (MoX) Shuttle Service?
- MoX is a shuttle bus service that provides transportation from Kingdom City to the St. Louis Airport. You can visit their website here, or contact them email@example.com.
- If you choose to use MoX, MMA will transport your cadet to the MoX shuttle location in Kingdom City (about 20 minutes away). Please include all MoX travel information in your furlough form.
- Please note, there will be a $60 MMA transportation fee to/from campus and Kingdom City.
Information about Medication Plan Form
If your cadet takes medication at MMA, please review the following options for his medication return during furlough.
Option #1: Pick-up medication on campus
The adult that is transporting your cadet home may retrieve the medication at the cadet clinic on December 16, in accordance with the furlough departure schedule.
Option #2: Cadets age 18 or older transport medication
If your cadet is 18 years or older, he may retrieve his medication at the clinic upon his departure and transport his own medications home.
Option #3: Cadets under age 18 transport medication with authorization
If your cadet is under the age of 18 years of age, he may transport medication home with your written authorization. Click here to download an authorization letter. Please sign and return via email to clinic@
Option #4: Mail medication home
If you would like medication sent to your home, you may pay $10.00 per flat rate envelope to have medications sent via USPS.