Dear MMA families,
Due to the severe winter weather predicted to begin tonight, we will switch to an alternate mode of instruction for Wednesday classes and Academy business offices will be closed. The weather forecast predicts snow accumulation between 8 and 12 inches, plus sleet.
We are taking this precaution to ensure the safety of our faculty, staff and day cadets who travel to campus each day. The commandant, his staff and faculty who live on campus are prepared to provide all necessary supervision during this time period to ensure cadet safety.
After breakfast on Wednesday, cadets will report to their barracks rooms for classes to be conducted via Zoom.
- From 8:05 to 11:15, cadets will follow their regular Wednesday academic schedule.
- Cadets will be on Zoom for the entire 50 minutes of each class period. Teachers will provide direct instruction for 25 minutes of each class. During the remaining 25 minutes, cadets will remain on camera, working on their own, as directed and monitored by the classroom teacher.
- Zoom links will be shared with cadets via email AND Google Classroom.
- Day cadets are expected to report for each class period, seated and in uniform, via Zoom.
- Cadets will receive a quick expectation sheet from faculty by the end of the day today.
After lunch, cadets will spend the afternoon with the commandant and his staff. They will assist with snow removal on campus as needed, plus drill practice and practice for the Passing Through Ceremony.
According to normal schedule, cadets involved in varsity athletics will report for practice (day cadets are excused from attending) at 1600. Cadets not involved in varsity athletics will watch a movie with the commandant staff in the theater. Following dinner, cadets will report to study hall.
The wrestling tournament that was scheduled for this evening, Tuesday, Feb. 1, has been cancelled. Senior Night for our wrestlers will be rescheduled. We will notify you of that date as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your cadet’s CLA. We look forward to better weather for Valentine Weekend in a couple of weeks for your visit to campus!
COL Rick Grabowski, USMC (Ret)