Alumni Association Membership / Dues Options
Many alumni don’t realize that the annual Alumni Association dues are not registration fees for those who attend Homecoming. If you choose to go to Homecoming we do collect Alumni Association yearly dues at that time. Alumni Association dues not only help the Alumni Association assist with homecoming activities but also benefit the Academy on behalf of the Alumni Association. Each year the Alumni Association aligns with a major Academy initiative that enriches the lives of the cadets, such as our current focus of development, the Memorial Chapel and Assembly Hall renovations campaign. In addition to entertainment and other amenities enjoyed by all alums during Homecoming, the Alumni Association sponsors the Senior Banquet and gives a gift to each graduate at the banquet and also, as an induction into the Alumni Association, we offer each graduating senior cadet two years of waived annual dues. We also offer an auction item for the Maroon and Gold banquet each year.
The Alumni Association is able to make these donations on behalf of our Alumni only through the collection of Alumni Association membership dues. Even if you don’t plan on attending Homecoming, your yearly Alumni Association dues will go a long way in enriching the value that MMA brings to the cadets, as they are our future Brothers.
The Alumni Association has implemented new dues structure effective January 1, 2018:
Annual Alumni Association Dues:
- If an Alumnus is a Lifetime Member or makes a tax-deductible donation directly to MMA in the amount of $250 or more within the Homecoming calendar year (Homecoming to Homecoming) the annual Alumni Association dues are waived for that calendar year.
- If an Alumnus pays annual Alumni Association dues between October 1 and March 31, annual dues will be $50.
- If an Alumnus pays annual Alumni Association dues between April 1 and September 30, annual dues will be $60.
- Lastly, if an Alumnus pays annual Alumni Association dues during on-site Homecoming registration, annual dues will be $75.
As part of membership, each member who pays their dues will receive a hardcopy Eagle Newsletter delivered to your home when published. A thank you note from Alumni Association President, a Christmas card from the Alumni Association, and a yearly MMA gift of appreciation given out during Homecoming.
Lifetime Tiered Alumni Association Membership Program:
- Lifetime Membership- $350
- Maroon Lifetime Membership- $500
- Gold Lifetime Membership- $750
- 1889 Lifetime Membership- $1889
***If you are an existing Lifetime Member and wish to enter the Tiered Lifetime Member program you would be credited the amount you already paid for your original Lifetime Membership and only need to make up the difference to reach the level desired.
The Lifetime Membership program has been growing since its inception. Currently, we have 160 Lifetime Members. This program is offered to all Alumni and former Cadets. The MMA Development office will gladly work with you on a payment program.
The Tiered Lifetime Membership program includes:
- Identification of tiered status on Homecoming nametag.
- New Lifetime Members recognized at Convocation and the published Eagle.
- Lifetime Members name and membership level recognized in a prominent place on campus.
- Letter written by the Alumni Association President, co-signed by the President of the Academy thanking them for their dedication to the Academy as a Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership includes additional benefits associated with an Alum’s level of Lifetime Membership status. The benefits structure is as follows:
- Lifetime Member: yearly Alumni Association dues waived.
- Maroon Lifetime Member: Lifetime Member benefits plus $25 off the purchase of a Senior Walk Brick.
- Gold Lifetime Member: Lifetime and Maroon benefits plus waived Alumni Association lunch fees during Homecoming’s and Alumni Company shirt is free (one time).
- 1889 Lifetime Member: Lifetime, Maroon, and Gold benefits plus 10% Off of all QM purchases made during Homecoming, and waived Homecoming Farewell Breakfast fees.
As part of the Alumni Associations dedication to Missouri Military Academy, any Alumnus that puts a prospective cadet / family in contact with the Admissions Office will automatically become a Lifetime Member at no cost, as long as the referral enrolls and becomes a cadet. Alumni who refer multiple families will move up the Lifetime Member Tiers with each enrolled cadet: become a Maroon Lifetime Member for referring two cadets who enroll, become a Gold Lifetime Member for three, and become an 1889 Lifetime Member for 4 or more cadet enrollments.
The Alumni Association encourages all Alumni and former cadets to help the Association achieve the Academy’s goals for increasing cadet enrolment or partnering for initiatives directed for the betterment of cadet life. Your yearly Alumni Association Dues, or membership in the Tiered Lifetime Program through paid membership or by fielding prospective cadets to the Academy will help achieve our common goals.