MMA welcomed alumni, parents, current cadets and MMA community members to campus Sept. 28-30 to reconnect with classmates, cheer on the Colonels at multiple athletic events, and celebrate the Academy that brought them all together.
- The Alumni Association Golf Tournament kicked off the weekend at the Arthur Hills Golf Course on Friday.
- The soccer team improved their record with a 5-1 win over Mexico Friday, and alumni celebrated after with a barbecue, featuring live music by the Max Fred Band and alumnus Maxwell Frederickson ’01.
- The football team lost a heartbreaker Saturday to Harrisburg in an overtime thriller 26-24, with crowds of alumni, family members, and cadets supporting the Colonels from the sidelines.
- The Classic Classes of 1993 and 1968 returned to campus for their 25th and 50th Reunions.
- The Alumni Association hosted a 50/50 raffle to raise funds for the Memorial Chapel fundraising campaign. Fifty percent of the funds raised were to go towards the chapel fund, and fifty percent to the winner of the drawing. Chris Schafer ’89, Secretary of the Alumni Association Board was the winner. He chose to donate his $430 winnings to the chapel fund, bringing the total raffle donation to $860.
- Chris Gentry ’88, also a board member, donated $250 to cover the cost of a brick for the new Col. Stribling memorial area to be used as a drawing prize for one lucky winner who paid Lifetime Membership dues. Eric Johnson ’70 won that drawing.
- Through the Golf Tournament and our generous Course Sponsors Greg Holton '88, Rex Rodenbaugh '95, and Sanders Roth '04, and hole sponsors, the Souvenir Cup sales, generously donated by Kurt Bilsel '81 and the 50/ 50 raffle tickets, the Alumni Association was able to donate our second large pew to the Memorial Chapel and Assembly Hall Campaign.
- The Col. Stribling Statue was unveiled Friday night. Phil Baum '63 funded the creation of the statue, which was designed by Javier Campuzano '82. Terry Louge ' 72, Rick Uriegas '91, and Gary Temple '71 provided funds for the granite base of the statue.
Visit MMA's Flickr page to view photos from all the Homecoming Weekend events!