International Boarding School Students
Our Admissions Office will assist you with the admissions process, student visa applications, and safeguarding passports and travel documents.
Step 1: Application
Fill out our online application by clicking the button below. If you prefer a printable version, email our Admissions Office or call us at (573) 581-1776 extension 321.
Step 2: Pay Application Fee
When you apply, pay the required $100 non-refundable application fee with a credit card or ACH transfer (electronic check). You can make your payment here.
Step 3: Transcript, Recommendations & English Fluency
Please work with your son’s current school to submit the following:
- Your son’s current academic transcript
- A recommendation from a school administrator
- Two teacher recommendations
- A character reference
- Submit TOEFL, TOEFL Junior, SLEP, iBT or IELTS scores directly to Jorge Bustos, our International Admissions Counselor
Step 4: Follow up
Make sure we’ve received all the required forms and the application fee. Once we have everything, we’ll begin processing your application. Please email our Admission Office or call us at (573) 581-1776 extension 321.
Step 5: Financial aid
If you need tuition assistance, please review your options and return the required documents and forms promptly.
Step 6: Personal Interview
Your admissions counselor will contact you to schedule a personal interview with your son. This can be done in a whatever way is most convenient for you.
Step 7: Acceptance
We notify you of your son’s acceptance and any tuition assistance we can offer you. We also send you an electronic acceptance package. This contains his acceptance letter, an enrollment agreement, travel form, financial declaration documents, information on how we’ll help you get an F-1 Visa for your son and instructions for submitting a copy of his passport to us.
Step 8: Prepare to Enroll
- Fill out the financial declaration documents included in your acceptance package
- Send us a copy of your son’s passport
- Send us a $350 processing fee to register your son’s non-immigrant student status with the US government
- Send us your $1,500 enrollment deposit (this amount is in addition to the $350 processing fee)
- We reserve your son’s enrollment
- We send you an enrollment bundle including registration, a travel from and an enrollment agreement
- We process and deliver your son’s F-1 Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status
Step 9: Get a Visa
- Schedule an appointment with your Consulate
- Present your son’s acceptance letter to Missouri Military Academy
- Present your financial declaration documents
- Present your son’s passport
- Present your son’s F-1 Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status
- Receive your son’s Visa
Step 10: Enroll your son
- Review, sign and return our enrollment agreement
Step 11: Flight itinerary
- Missouri Military Academy On-Campus Registration is August 7, 2019
- Schedule your son’s flight using the travel form in your enrollment bundle
- Complete the travel form and send it with your son’s flight itinerary as soon as possible so that we can provide him transportation from St. Louis Lambert Airport to MMA
- If your son is an Airline Unaccompanied Minor, send us a copy of the airline’s paperwork and we will arrange for a personal chaperone to meet him at his arrival gate
Step 12: Pack
- Using the packing list in your enrollment bundle, pack your son’s belongings
- Once his room is set up for his arrival, we can store his luggage until May 2020
Step 13: Medical insurance
- Schedule a physical exam for your son
- Have your doctor complete the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Form provided in your enrollment bundle
- Before your son’s arrival, provide us with proof of immunizations as we’ve detailed in your enrollment bundle
- We will complete your son’s enrollment with LewerMark International Health Insurance upon his arrival here at MMA
Step 14: Pay tuition
Per our enrollment agreement, tuition is due before your son arrives. Click here to pay.
ESL orientation camp
For new international students, we offer a 21-day English as a Second Language (ESL) orientation camp in August. It helps your boy get acclimated to his new surroundings before school starts. And It helps us get to know him better, assess his English language skills and determine the best classes for him.
Missouri Military Academy is a TOEFL test site, which facilitates students' ability to succeed on the TOEFL exam.
International Student Health Insurance Requirement
All international students are required to have student health insurance before attending MMA.