Job Opportunities & Careers
- Evening Residential Leadership Advisor
- School Bus Driver
- College & Career Guidance Counselor
- Assistant Academic Dean of Instruction and Student Learning
- Assistant Coaching Positions (Football, Wrestling, Baseball)
- Residential Leadership Advisor
- Marketing Coordinator
Missouri Military Academy seeks a full-time evening Residential Faculty Officer. This position is responsible for the care and instruction of cadets in the residence life setting and ensures a safe and secure living environment. Individual must be able to develop strong relationships with cadets, families, and teaching faculty.
The hours for this position are 3:30pm – 11:30pm.
Specific job requirements include but are not limited to the following
- Directly work with students with an emphasis on academic achievement, physical fitness, and character and social development.
- This position requires an individual who will be a Leader, a Teacher, and a Mentor for young men.
- Demonstrate and develop cadet leadership within their company and corps.
- Strong communications skills
- Supervisory, counseling, training, or instructor experience
- Ability to participate in physical training
- Passion to make a difference in young men’s lives.
- Prior military with honorable discharge as verified on DD214.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Amy Groves, HR Director.
We are seeking a College & Career Counselor to join Missouri Military Academy for 2020-2021 school year. This position assists and educates students and parents about the college application process, develops relationships with colleges and universities, creates and submits school materials in support of college applications. The applicant must have knowledge with scholarships and financial aid at the post-secondary level. Master’s degree in guidance counseling or related field required. Prior experience in high school college counseling and or Naviance experience preferred. Experience managing assessment data and using it to drive educational decisions essential. Candidates should be realistic and excited about the challenges and rewards of teaching and working in a boarding school environment.
Missouri Military Academy offers a dynamic educational experience for boys in grades 7-12 in a military boarding school environment. The Academy is known for its 360 Degree Education, which provides a structured, well-rounded, holistic education that is centered upon the pillars of academic excellence, character development, personal motivation, physical health and the enhancement of leadership skills.
Qualified candidates may submit resume and cover letter to: Amy.Groves@MissouriMilitaryAcademy.com
- Provide support to students in their process of applying to and selecting a college, partner with parents, and represents the school to colleges and universities.
- Advise students and their parents in grades 9-12, individually and in groups, regarding college selection, application and admission procedures, with a focus on fit.
- Oversee the standardized testing calendar for students including scheduling test dates, registering students, arranging for special "prep sessions", administering the tests, and providing pre and post-test counseling.
- Oversee the timely completion of faculty recommendations for students applying to college.
- Develop reports for the Head of School and Board of Trustees regarding student progress and college placement statistics.
- Maintain an attractive, informative and up-to-date college counseling center.
- Oversee visits to colleges and visits from college representatives.
- Establish and maintain connections with college representatives to advocate for applicants.
- In collaboration with the Registrar, advise students on course selection and the consequences of those choices in the college selection process.
- Maintain and update college counseling data on website.
- Coordinate with the English Department to offer a college essay and application workshop.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Academics or Assistant Dean of Academics.
- Participate in all faculty and staff meetings.
- Supervise and/or participate in non-academic activities as required by all faculty.
- Bachelor's degree required. College admissions, post-graduate courses, and/or Master’s degree a plus.
- Work with Naviance Application software to create college lists, generate reports, and import and export data as needed.
- Five years of teaching and/or administrative experience in an independent school environment preferred.
- Knowledge of a range of college options, including those with strong academic support for students with learning differences.
- Experience managing assessment data and using it to drive educational decisions.
- A strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills, flexibility, ease and experience with computers, and a willingness to coordinate efforts with others.
- Enthusiasm for teaching adolescents and working with parents of adolescents.
- Calculate GPA and awards.
- Must have good attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive school environment.
- A commitment to work collaboratively and innovatively with colleagues.
- An ability to communicate respectfully, proactively, and honestly both orally and in writing with parents, colleagues, and administrators regarding curriculum and students.
- A positive attitude, excellent written and oral skills, strong organizational skills and success within a work setting that requires collaboration, cooperation, flexibility, and collegiality.
Physical demands and work environment: the physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands: While performing this job, the employee must be able to lift 25 pounds, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and keyboards; reach with hands and arms (both), balance, stoop, and stand for at least two hours at a time. The employee must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs multiple times daily. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Work is performed inside and outside in all types of weather conditions with slipping, tripping and bumping hazards.
Missouri Military Academy is seeking a full time, 12 month, Assistant Academic Dean of Instruction and Student Learning. The Assistant Dean assists the Dean of Academics in managing the day-to-day school operations.
This position is to support the school’s instructional strategy and to ensure its successful execution to include assisting with curriculum development, guidance and counseling, classroom observations, faculty evaluations, and professional development. Other responsibilities include instructional development of all faculty, implementation and management of school standards-based curriculum and the evaluation and effectiveness of student teaching and learning.
As part of the academic leadership team, the assistant academic dean of instruction and student learning is responsible for the coordination and assessment of all academic programs offered by MMA, ensuring high quality data driven, differentiated instruction. An excellent understanding of educational technology is required. He/she must possess the ability to interact and communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, and parents, both orally and in writing.
A graduate degree is required with previous experience in education administration required. Candidate with experience in reading/learning specialist are encouraged to apply. Candidates should be realistic and motivated about the challenges and rewards of working in a boarding school environment, recognizing that work could entail evening and weekend duties.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Amy.Groves@MissouriMilitaryAcademy.org.
Missouri Military Academy (MMA) is seeking qualified applicant for multiple assistant coaching positions. The available positions are for football (Fall season), wrestling (winter season), and baseball (Spring season).
Essential responsibilities and duties:
- Assist head coach in ensuring the highest possible level of service is delivered to students while fostering a culture of academic excellence.
- Assist head coach for participating students to achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values and discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Ability to enforce discipline and sportsmanship at all times, and demonstrate effective human relations and communication skills.
- Ensuring compliance with MSHSAA
- Knowledge of the sports rules
- Maintaining statistics on players
- Understanding and adherence to MMA policies and procedures.
- Prior high school coaching experience
- Sport First Aid Course
Missouri Military Academy offers a dynamic educational experience for boys in grades 7 -12 in a military boarding school environment. The Academy is known for its 360 Degree Education, which provides a well-rounded, holistic education that is centered upon the pillars of academic excellence, character development, personal motivation, physical health and the enhancement of leadership skills.
Qualified candidates may submit resume and cover letter to: Amy.Groves@MissouriMilitaryAcademy.com
Missouri Military Academy seeks a full-time Residential Leadership Advisor. This position supervises young men in a residential life setting and assists to ensure a safe and secure living environment. This position requires an individual who will be a leader that demonstrates, develops and trains cadets; a teacher to provide academic assistance, moral character, and self-discipline; and a role model to set an exemplary example for young men.
Individual must be able to develop strong relationships with cadets, families, and teaching faculty. This is a 12-month, full time position for the evening shift, typically 3:30pm – 11:30pm. Preferred candidates will have a bachelor degree and prior military service. Must have a passion in making a positive difference in young men’s lives.
Please send resume and/or application to Amy Groves at Amy.Groves@MissouriMilitaryAcademy.org.
Missouri Military Academy seeks an outgoing, goal-oriented individual to join our marketing team. The Marketing Coordinator serves the Academy by conveying the strengths and successes of MMA digitally and in print. This position is primarily focused on the Academy’s digital presence and is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Academy’s brand and identity efforts. The Marketing Coordinator works directly with the Director of Marketing and Communications to manage and maximize earned, owned, and paid media to support recruitment and retention initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop key multimedia content to support the Academy’s strategic goals, recruitment and retention (including outcome stories, highlights of cadet life, and more) for use on the Academy web site and to be promoted on social media.
- Design and edit print and digital marketing collateral, collaborating with enrollment, development, and other departments.
- Provide, or assign, photography as needed to capture and share images of daily life on campus and important campus events.
- Provide videography service for important campus events and as needed to support the Academy’s strategic goals.
- Assist with MMA brand management and the maintenance of the MMA style guide.
Other major duties:
- Attend school events as required, including those on evenings and weekends.
- Manage individual and group photographs (school portraits), working with contracted school photographer.
- Maintain photography and video archives to ensure files are properly labeled according to best practices for SEO and organized in an easy-to-find format.
- Serve as liaison between Marketing Office and yearbook class.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of communication and journalism principles, strategies, and techniques.
- Graphic design skills and competency, including expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and basic web editing skills.
- Ability to compose and edit written and pictorial materials.
- Print production management knowledge.
Qualified candidates submit resume and cover letter to: Amy.Groves@MissouriMilitaryAcademy.com.